Interested in our Partner Program for businesses or our Local Guide Program for experienced expats and digital nomads? Click here to learn more.
Expat Exchange
Free MembershipSign In

Baltimore to England

21 years ago
I'm moving from Maryland to the UK this summer on a fiance visa, but my home is in Seattle. I'm in a quandry about what to do with my things! I have enough stuff to fill a one bedroom apartment and will try to sell as much as I can, but know I will still end up with quite a bit. I still have things in storage in Seattle and am thinking about moving everything from Baltimore to Seattle, storing it there and then making a plan to ship it when we are settled in the UK. I will need a few things immediately (i.e. my computer, TV/VCR, stereo, clothes, cookware) . However, I am clueless about the cost of shipping or how to go about it. Plus, I am paying for my own shipping expenses. Any advice or recommendations on which company to use for shipping? Thanks! Carolyn

William Russell
William Russell
Cigna Global Health
Cigna Global Health

Get a quote in 2 minutes from our partner, Cigna Global Health.
Get Quote

Cigna Global HealthCigna Global Health

Get a quote in 2 minutes from our partner, Cigna Global Health.
Get Quote

Moving-to-Malta10 Things to Know Before Moving to Malta

If you're planning a move to Malta, here are 10 things expats living there wish they had known before moving to Malta.

If you're planning a move to Malta, here are 10 things expats living there wish they had known before moving to Malta. ...

Coastal-Living-in-Chile-10 Best Places to Live on the Coast in Chile

If coastal living is for you, read about the 10 best places to live on the coast in Chile.

If coastal living is for you, read about the 10 best places to live on the coast in Chile....

Moving-to-TurkeyMoving with a Pet to Turkey

Prepare for your move to Turkey with a pet. Understand the vaccination needs, travel details, and item restrictions in Turkey. This essential guide helps you navigate the process of moving with your pet and reduce the chance of unnecessary complications.

Prepare for your move to Turkey with a pet. Understand the vaccination needs, travel details, and item restrictions in Turkey. This essential guide helps you navigate the process of moving with your p...

Living-in-CyprusCulture Shock in Cyprus

If you're planning a move to Cyprus, or have recently settled there, it's natural to encounter some culture shock as you adjust to your new surroundings. Our insightful article is designed to help you navigate this transition smoothly. It offers practical tips and draws on the experiences of fellow expats who have successfully embraced the cultural nuances of Cyprus.

If you're planning a move to Cyprus, or have recently settled there, it's natural to encounter some culture shock as you adjust to your new surroundings. Our insightful article is designed to help you...

Copyright 1997-2024 Burlingame Interactive, Inc.

Privacy Policy Legal Partners & Local Guides