Interested in our Partner Program for businesses or our Local Guide Program for experienced expats and digital nomads? Click here to learn more.
Expat Exchange
Free MembershipSign In

Jumping the Pond

21 years ago
Help! Coming from smalltown USA, I've had the hardest time trying to find the right opportunities (work, school etc.) to get me across the 'pond.' I've been trying to move to Europe -either France, Germany, UK, Sweden- for the last 10 years with little success. I speak decent French, a little German and some Swedish. I also have a BA in French Literature and tons of work experience as a writer for the marketing/advertising industry. Does anyone out there have a similar situation who can give me some sound advice and inspiration? I also have friends/associates in all the countries mentioned above--so I have a good support system in place. Thanks, merci, danke, tak!

Cigna Global Health
Cigna Global Health
Cigna Global Health
Cigna Global Health

Get a quote in 2 minutes from our partner, Cigna Global Health.
Get Quote

Cigna Global HealthCigna Global Health

Get a quote in 2 minutes from our partner, Cigna Global Health.
Get Quote

Moving-to-Laos10 Things to Know Before Moving to Laos

If you're planning a move to Laos, here are 10 things expats living there wish they had known before moving to Laos.

If you're planning a move to Laos, here are 10 things expats living there wish they had known before moving to Laos. ...

Living-in-QatarCulture Shock in Qatar

If you're planning a move to Qatar, or have recently settled there, it's natural to encounter some culture shock as you adjust to your new surroundings. Our insightful article is designed to help you navigate this transition smoothly. It offers practical tips and draws on the experiences of fellow expats who have successfully embraced the cultural nuances of Qatar.

If you're planning a move to Qatar, or have recently settled there, it's natural to encounter some culture shock as you adjust to your new surroundings. Our insightful article is designed to help you ...

Drivers-License-EgyptHow to Get a Driver's License in Egypt

Here's a primer on how to get your driver's license in Egypt.

Here's a primer on how to get your driver's license in Egypt....

Living-in-Singapore15 Best Places to Live in Singapore

If you're dreaming about living in Singapore, here are the 15 Best Places to Live in Singapore in 2023.

If you're dreaming about living in Singapore, here are the 15 Best Places to Live in Singapore in 2023....

Copyright 1997-2024 Burlingame Interactive, Inc.

Privacy Policy Legal Partners & Local Guides